Last revised: March 27, 2020
By visiting our website without changing your settings, you agree to receive all cookies and other data collection tools; however, if you do not accept the use of these cookies, you can change your cookie settings at any time by following the instructions below.
What are cookies?
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your computer or mobile device when you visit a certain webpage or use certain application. Cookies are then sent back to the originating webpage on each subsequent visit, or to another webpage that recognizes that cookie. Cookies are widely used in order to make our Website to work, or to work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to us.
For more information about cookies please visit https://allaboutcookies.org
Cookies do lots of different jobs, like letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, and generally improving the user experience. Cookies may tell us, for example, whether you have visited Website before or whether you are a new visitor. They can also help to ensure that adverts you see online are more relevant to you and your interests.
There are two broad categories of cookies:
- first party cookies, served directly by us to your computer or mobile device;
- third party cookies, which are served by a third party on our behalf. We may use third party cookies for functionality, performance/analytics, advertising/tracking and social media purposes.
Cookies can remain on your computer or mobile device for different periods of time. Some cookies are session cookies, meaning that they are stored only temporarily during a browsing session and expire when you close your browser. Other cookies are persistent cookies, meaning that they are saved on your computer or mobile device for a fixed period and are not deleted when browser is closed. They can be used by School website to recognize your computer or mobile device when you open your browser and browse the Internet again.
- enable, facilitate and streamline the functioning of and your access to Website;
- track traffic flow and patterns of travel in connection with the Website;
- understand the total number of visitors to our Website on an ongoing basis and the types of internet browsers (e.g. Firefox, Chrome or Internet Explorer) and operating systems (e.g. Windows or Mac OS) used by our visitors;
- monitor the performance of our Website and continually improve it;
- customize and enhance your online experience.
What types of cookies do we use?
The types of cookies used by us and our partners can be classified into one of five categories, namely 'cookies necessary for essential purposes', 'functionality cookies', 'performance and analytics cookies', 'advertising and tracking cookies', and 'social media cookies'. We have set out some further information about each category, and the purposes of the cookies we and third parties set in the following table.
|Type of cookie||What it does||How to block|
|Cookies necessary for essential purposes||These cookies are essential to provide you with the Website and any services available through the Website and to use some of its features, such as access to secure areas. Without these cookies, services you have asked for, like transactional pages and secure login accounts, would not be possible.||Please see the instructions set out in 'How to control or delete cookies' below.|
|Functionality Cookies||Functionality cookies record information about choices you have made and allow us to tailor our Website to you. These cookies mean that when you continue to use or come back to the website, we can provide you with our services as you have asked for them to be provided. For example, these cookies allow us to:|
* Save your location preference if you have set your location on your homepage, if applicable, in order to receive a local weather forecast;
* Remember settings you have applied, such as layout, text size, preferences, and colors;
* Show you when you are logged in; and
* Store accessibility options.
|Please see the instructions set out in 'How to control or delete cookies' below.|
|Performance and Analytics Cookies||We use performance/analytics cookies to analyze how the Website is accessed, used, or is performing in order to provide you with a better user experience and to maintain, operate and continually improve the website. For example, these cookies allow us to:|
* Better understand our website visitors so that we can improve how we present our content;
* Test different design ideas for particular pages, such as our homepage;
* Collect information about the Website visitors such as where they are located and what browsers they are using;
* Determine the number of unique users of the website;
* Improve the Website by measuring any errors that occur; and
* Conduct research and diagnostics to improve product offerings.
|Please also see the instructions set out in 'How to control or delete cookies' below.|
|Advertising and Tracking Cookies||We may allow third party companies, including advertising companies (such as Facebook, Google etc.), to place cookies on our Website. These cookies enable such companies to track your activity across various sites where they display ads and record your activities so they can show ads that they consider relevant to you as you browse the Internet. These Cookies store information about the content you are browsing together with an identifier linked to your device or IP address.|
These Cookies also allow us and third parties to know whether you've seen an ad or a type of ad, and how long it has been since you've last seen it. This information is used for frequency capping purposes, to help tailor the ads you see, and to measure the effectiveness of ads.
|All the companies or networks that we work with have their own privacy policies and offer a mechanism for users|
track the success of their applicationto opt out tracking and behavioral targeting available through the ad itself or through the opt out mechanisms listed in the 'How to control or delete cookies' section below.
|Social Media Cookies||On some pages of our website, third parties that provide applications through our website may set their own cookies in order to track the success of their applications or customize applications for you. For example, when you share a content using a social media sharing button on our website (e.g., Facebook or Google Plus), the social network that has created the button will record that you have done this. Because of how cookies work, we cannot access these cookies, nor can the third parties access the data in cookies used by us. Some pages of our website may also contain embedded content, such as video content from YouTube, and these third party sites may set their own cookies.||Please see the instructions set out in 'How to control or delete cookies' below.|
How to control or delete cookies
You have the right to accept or stop cookies from being stored on your device at any time by modifying the settings in your web browser to reflect your cookie preferences.
Please be aware that you may not be able to use all the interactive features of the website and/or online courses and content once cookies are disabled.
Most browsers offer instructions on how to change your cookie settings. These settings will typically be found in the ‘options’ or ‘preferences’ menu of your browser. In order to understand these settings, the following links may be helpful, otherwise you should use the ‘Help’ option in your browser for more details.
* Cookie settings in Internet Explorer
* Cookie settings in Firefox
* Cookie settings in Chrome
* Cookie settings in Safari web and iOS.
If you only want to limit third party advertising cookies, you can turn such cookies off by visiting the following links:
* Your Online Choices (http://www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/)
* Network Advertising Initiative (http://www.networkadvertising.org/)
* Digital Advertising Alliance (http://www.aboutads.info/consumers/)
Please bear in mind that there are many more companies listed on these sites than those that drop cookies via the Website.
Cookies that have been set in the past
If you have disabled one or more Cookies, we may still use information collected from cookies prior to your disabled preference being set, however, we will stop using the disabled cookie to collect any further information.
If you have any questions or comments about this cookies policy, or privacy matters generally, please contact us via email at [email protected]